Have you been struggling with dentures and looking for a more permanent solution that gives you more comfort, confidence, and peace of mind? In this article we will discuss 8 Advantages Of Dental Implants Over Traditional Dentures.
Dental implants are dental restorations that replace missing teeth. Dental implants can be made from different materials, but the most common is titanium. Implants are a newer dental restoration option than dental bridges and dentures.
Implants have many advantages over other dental treatments for replacing missing teeth. Dental implants are the pinnacle when replacing your natural teeth. So, let’s talk about 8 advantages that dental implants have over dentures.
1. One of the benefits of dental implants is a boost in your appearance. Dental implants can look better than your natural teeth if you did not have a great smile. Another benefit of implants is that the change in position can result in reduction wrinkles.
2. Another benefit of dental implants is better speech. Poor-fitting dentures or missing teeth can make clear speech difficult. Dentures can slip in the mouth causing some people to slur their words. Dental implants keep you from worrying about your teeth slipping or falling out when you speak.
3. Improved comfort with dental implants is likely one of the most attractive features for patients. Dental implants can be a great alternative to dentures for those looking for an improvement over the more traditional removable appliance.
4. Improved function makes it easier to eat. Denture mishaps can make chewing more difficult. Implants are durable, designed to last your lifetime, and they allow you return to eating a wider range of foods than with dentures which may have caused you discomfort in the past. Implants help you to enjoy your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
5. Patients with dental implants have improved self-esteem. One of the benefits of having dental implants is that you’ll smile and feel better about yourself. A Hollywood smile may not be everyone’s priority, but it could help you feel better about yourself after all.
6. Dental implants will often improve your oral health. Dental implants preserve more bone than other tooth restoration methods and don’t require a bridge supported by neighboring teeth. Since nearby existing teeth are not changed or altered to support dental implant(s), it disrupts less of your mouth and allows you to maintain oral health. A single implant can allow easy access between the teeth, which improves dental hygiene. Implants cannot get cavities, and they do not need root canals or fillings. Additionally, they fuse with your jawbone, thus making them a permanent and long term solution for missing teeth.
7. Dental implants are well known for their durability. Implants are hardy and will last for decades. In many cases, and if treated well, they will last a lifetime.
8. There is an undeniable convenience factor in regards to dental implants. Removable dentures are not surgically implanted into your mouth. One of the biggest benefits of dental implants is that they eliminate the need for removable dentures, as well as messy adhesives to keep them in place.
As you can clearly see, dental implants have many distinct and notable benefits over conventional dentures.
There are very few actual downsides to dental implants. The biggest one that is often a major obstacle for some is the cost. However, patients often remark that after they have had the procedure done, it was some of the best money they ever spent.
Dental implants help people to regain their confidence and a little bit of youth. It has helped some people to have a second chance at life, love, or a career. They are an excellent investment in yourself.