Dental membership plans are becoming more and more popular for saving money. These membership plans usually require a monthly or annual fee, which entitles members to discounts on dental services.
These discounts can be significant, often resulting in hundreds of dollars in savings each year. Membership plans typically cover preventive care. That includes things such as cleanings and x-rays, as well as discounts on other dental services, such as fillings and crowns.
Benefits of membership plans
In addition, many dental membership plans offer additional benefits, such as 24/7 access to dental advice and emergency dental care. As the cost of dental care continue to rise, dental membership plans offer an affordable way to maintain good oral health.
Here’s a list of incredible benefits that you are likely to have access to through your dental membership plan:
- No need to file a claim: Dental membership plans are not dental insurance, so there is no need to file a claim. What does this mean? You can get the dental care you need without worrying about whether or not your insurance will cover it.
- No waiting periods: Dental insurance often has waiting periods for dental services. However, membership plans do not. This means that you can get the dental care you need right away, without having to wait.
- Discounts on dental services: Dental membership plans often offer discounts on a variety of dental services. This includes preventive care, fillings, crowns, and more.
- More affordable treatment: In addition to discounts on dental services, dental membership plans often offer more affordable payment options for dental treatment. This means that you can get the dental care you need without breaking the bank.
- Pre-existing conditions included: These plans typically cover pre-existing dental conditions, so you can get the dental care you need without having to worry about exclusions.
- Emergency dental care: Many dental membership plans offer 24/7 access to emergency dental care. This means that you can get the dental care you need when you need it.
What are the downsides to a dental membership plan?
Like most things, there are some downsides to a membership plan. They downsides include:
- They are usually not allowed to be combined with dental insurance benefits.
- You will be limited in which offices you will be able to visit and take advantage of. A dental membership plan is usually limited to the specific office you have made an agreement with.
- Membership plans typically do not cover implants, orthodontics, or cosmetic dentistry. However, they might qualify you for discounts on these services. It just depends on your dental office and how they have chosen to structure their membership plan.
While these types of membership plans have some downsides, they can be a great way to save money.
A dental membership plan is a great way to save money on dental care. Are you looking for an affordable way to maintain good oral health? A dental membership plan may be right for you.
Want to learn more about dental membership plans? Contact some dental offices in your area and see what sort of plans they offer.